Midstocket Church, Harcourt Road, Aberdeen
Saturday 25th November 2017 at 7:30pm
Sunday 26th November 2017 at 7:30pm
Conductor John Frederick Hudson
with Geoffrey Bridge (oboe), Ailsa Matheson (clarinet), Robert Martin (horn), and Lesley Wilson (bassoon)
- Mendelssohn: Overture The Hebrides
- John Hearne: The White Swan's Lullaby
- Peter Maxwell Davies: Farewell to Stromness
- Mozart: Sinfonia Concertante for wind soloists and orchestra
- Mendelssohn: Symphony no.3 Scottish
Tickets £15, students and unemployed £7:50, accompanied schoolchildren free
(Box office booking fees apply.)
Available from Aberdeen Box Office 01224 641122 or from orchestra members. Click here to view our poster.
Four of Aberdeen Sinfonietta’s principal wind players come to the fore as soloists in Mozart’s beautiful Sinfonia Concertante. The remainder of the programme is Scottish-themed, with 2 favourite works by Mendelssohn, inspired by the Scottish landscape, and 2 contemporary string pieces with connections to the islands of Barra and Orkney.